• bruce springsteen'in new york'taki broadway salonu walter kerr theatre'da, 12 ekim 2017'den 15 aralık 2018'e kadar aralıksız olarak her hafta, haftada beş gün icra ettiği tek kişilik konser/storyteller performansı. son performansın ardından bu isimle de netflix'te yerini aldı, şahane de oldu.

patron'un bir yıldan fazla bir süre, haftaiçi her gün bunu yapmasını isteyecek kadar özen gösterdiği proje şahsen beni üzmedi değil bir yandan. hayatının sonuna yaklaşmasından mütevellit, otobiyografisinin ardından bir de bunları sahnede canlı icra ederek opus magnum'unu tamamlamak istediğini düşünüyorum. çemberi tamamlamak istediğini. ki bu performans da 2016 eylül'ünde çıkan otobiyografisi born to run'ın bir çeşit uyarlaması. kitapta çok daha ayrıntılı anlattığı kişisel hikayelerini, akustik şarkılarıyla daha sade bir şekilde sunmuş seyircisine. ve bu hikayelerin şarkılarına nasıl ilham verdiğini, gerçekten de yaşadığını yazdığını ve en çok da, sadece bir gitarla bile inanılmaz bir atmosfer yaratarak seyircisini etkilemeyi başaran bir müzik adamı olduğunu görüyorsunuz. şarkılar arasında en sevdiklerim the rising, long time comin' ve eşi patti scalfia ile düet yaptığı brillant disguise performansları oldu.

bu "gösterinin" aklıma takılan yanı ise patron'un bunu her gece "oynaması". bir defa netflix'ten izlerseniz pek bir pürüz yok ancak long time comin' öncesinde her gece gözleri doldu mu, clerance clemons'u her gece aynı coşkuyla takdim etti mi ya da her gece babasıyla olan sorunlarını anlatırken aynı derecede durgunlaştı mı? bunları düşününce samimiyeti hafif sorgulamıyor değilsiniz ancak söz konusu springsteen olunca bu kısa sürüyor. bizim bir defa izlediğimiz konserler de bu şekilde, düşünürsek. tek bir gece için dizayn ediliyorlar ancak aynı turnenin birden çok konserine tanık olursanız büyüsü kayboluyor hafiften.

sonuç olarak: sadece bruce springsteen sevenlerin değil, müziğin insan hayatını somut bir şekilde etkileyebileceğini düşünen herkesin izlemesi gereken bir şey olduğunu düşünüyorum gösterinin. umarım uzun yıllar daha patron'u dinler ve izleriz.

edit: hedeler
  • yaşayan en iyi yol arkadaşlarından ve hikaye anlatıcılarından biri olan bruce springsteen'in bolca self deprecating humor ile bezeli harika broadway performansı. paylaştığı hikayeler ardından gelen parçalara çok anlam katıyor.

biraz alıntı zamanı...

“i've never held an honest job in my entire life. i’ve never done any hard labor. i’ve never worked 9 to 5. i’ve never worked five days a week until right now. i don't like it. i've never seen the inside of a factory and yet it's all i've written about. standing before you is a man who has become wildly and absurdly successful writing about something of which he has had absolutely no personal experience. i... i made it all up. that's how good i am." ('growin' up ortasında)

"everybody has a love-hate relationship with their hometown. it's just built into the equation of growing up. if you take me, i'm mr. born to run. i'm mr. thunder fucking road. i was born to run, not to stay. my home, new jersey, it's a death trap. it's a suicide rap. listen to the lyrics, all right? i gotta get out, i gotta hit the highway, i'm a road running man, i got the white line fever in my veins. i am gonna bring my girl and i have had enough of the shit that this place dishes out. i am gonna run, run, run and i'm well, never coming back ... i currently live ten minutes from my hometown. but uh.. 'born to come back'.. who would have bought that shit? nobody, nobody." ('my hometown')

"... i had no money and no family and no realistic future but yet i remember laying on that couch with the summer wind rushing over me, and you know that salt water smell in the air of the shore coming on, and thinking... i was just happy. i was happy. i got it all, you know... maybe i did, you know... maybe there is nothing like that moment in your life of being young and leaving some place, all that youthful freedom. you feel, finally being untethered from everything you've ever known: the life you've lived, the past, your parents, the world you've gotten used to and that you've loved and hated. your life laying before you like a blank page. it's the one thing i miss about getting older. i miss the beauty of that blank page. so much life in front of you. its promise, its possibilities, its mysteries, its adventures. that blank page just laying there. daring you to write on it." ('thunder road' başlar)

"... so now, it's just tinker and me, tinker's dog, thousands of miles to go and we got several problems. one is i have no license. second problem is i don't have a clue as to how to drive. and by that, i mean the man who would very, very shortly write 'racing in the street' . that's how good i am ... that trip was where i saw the united states at its fullest and as a young man, i was overwhelmed by its size and its beauty, and this is a short piece from the book about riding across the country for the very first time. the country was beautiful and i felt a great elation at the wheel as we crossed the western desert at dawn. the deep blue, purple shadow canyons. the pale yellow morning sky with all of its color drawn out, leaving just the black silhouetted mountains in your rearview mirror. then with the eastern sun rising at our backs, the deep reds and the browns of the plains and the hills came to life slowly in front of us. your palms turned salty white on the wheel from the aridity. morning woke the earth into this muted color. and then came the flat light of the midday sun and everything stood revealed as pure horizon. just sky, sky, sky, and more sky. lowering onto two lanes of blacktop and disappearing into nothing. my favorite thing. then the evening with the sun burning red into your eyes and dropping gold into the western hills in front of you. all felt like home to me. and i fell into a lasting love affair with the desert" ('the promised land' başlar) *

"... they may not be the best players. that's not necessary. they need to be the right players and when they play together, there is a communion of souls and a natural brotherhood and sisterhood manifests itself, and a quest, a quest has begun. you're in search of something, an adventure's undertaken. and you ride shotgun. in a real band, principles of math get stood on their head. and one plus one equals three. (piyanoda 'tenth avenue freeze-out' girişini çalar) now one plus one equals two, that happens every day. that is not magic. that's the grind. that's when you get up, one, go to work, one, go to bed, two. but when one plus one equals three, that's when your life changes and you see everything new. and these are days when you are visited by visions... when the world around you brings down the spirit, and you feel blessed to be alive. it is the essential equation of love. there is no love without one plus one equaling three. it's the essential equation of art. it's the essential equation of rock'n'roll. it's the reason the universe will never be fully comprehensible. it's the reason louie louie will never be fully comprehensible. and it's the reason true rock'n'roll and true rock'n'roll bands will never die." ('tenth avenue freeze-out' başlar)
hesabın var mı? giriş yap