• saturday night liveda yer alan, christopher walkenin oynadigi bolum. c w bolum boyunca uzerinde robe de chambrei ile bir hatuna ayar vermeye* calisir.

c w'in karizmatik, sert rollerin yaninda komedide de ne kadar basarili oldugunu gosteren nadide bir parcadir
  • christopher walken'ın yek başına rol aldığı bu snl skecinde esasen renzo cesana'nın 1952-53 yıllarında cbs kanalında aynı adla yayınlanan ve yalnız ev kadınlarını romantik bir atmosferle teselli etmeyi amaçlayan televizyon programı ile dalga geçilmektedir. walken, snl'in tekrarlanan* karakterlerinden biri olan the continental'ı toplam beş kez canlandırmıştır. fevkaladenin fevkindedir. (bkz: hastasınım)

burada christopher walken'ın the continental performanslarından güzel bir örneği izleyebilirsiniz. 6. dakikadan itibaren başlayan tuvalet sahnesi süfer. nbc kanalında 8 nisan 2000 tarihinde canlı yayınlanan bu skeci, spoiler parantezi içinde aşağıda verdiğim transkriptiyle birlikte daha rahat takip edebilirsiniz.

şurada cesana'nın 60 sene önceki tv programının bir ses kaydı örneği dinlendiğinde, walken'ın ne kadar başarılı olduğu daha iyi anlaşılabilir. keşke görüntü de olsaydı.

şurada da walken'ın the continental skeçlerinden birini the making of formatında, aynı videoda senkronize edilmiş haliyle görebilirsiniz. kostümlü prova mahiyetindeki çekimde, kenardaki küçük ekranda skecin kendisi, büyük ekranda ise ikinci bir kameranın daha geniş açıyla çektiği bütün dekor eş zamanlı sunulmuş.

skeçlerdeki dış ses müteveffa phil hartman'a aittir. 1998 yılında cinayete kurban gitmesine rağmen hartman'ın sesi ölümünden sonra çekilen the continental bölümlerinin de başında ve sonunda banttan kullanılmaya devam etmiştir.

gelelim transkriptlere...

snl, 15. sezon, 11. bölüm. yayın tarihi, 20 ocak 1990:

--- spoiler ---

the continental - christopher walken

announcer: the sun is set. the stars shine in the sky. the night air is tinged with anticipation. and it is time to meet the continental.

[ a glove reaches for the continental's doorbell. the continental opens the door quietly and grins ]

the continental: ah! [ smirks ] you.. were a minute late. and i thought, perhaps, you were just a dream. [ pulls her gloved hand forward and kisses it ] but, no.. you are real. please. enter.

[ she cautiously enters the apartment and looks around ]

broken glass. [ removes cigarette and holder from his mouth ] champagna? [ she nods ] please. be seated. we shall drink from the same glass. please. [ he sits next to her ] i have but three passions in life. one of which.. is fine champagna.. which leaves two other passions. [ he hands her the champagna and smiles menacingly, so she rejects the offer ] i see you are shy.. which makes you even more intoxicating. [ she gets up to leave, but he blocks her path ] no! please. forgive me. stay.. and allow me to show you that i.. am not like the others. yes. i know. you have many admirers.. and i am but one.

[ sits next to her again ]

cigarette? [ purses his lips, then lights two cigarettes in his mouth at once, and hands her one ] ah, cigarettes. delicious.. and dangerous. we know they are no good for us.. but we give in.. for the sensual pleasure of the moment. [ she gets up to leave, but he blocks her path again ] no, no! don't go! pay no attention to the idling ramblings of man afflicted with.. dare i say.. no, i dare not. my little wide-eyed, white-tailed doe. [ extends his hand ] come.. with me. i want to show you something. [ leads her over to his balcony ] whoops! watch that step! look out there.. the twinkling lights twinkling.. in the inky black of night.. like some colossal backdrop.. painted by the hands of michelangelo. [ walks down the hal and points to a door ] would you like to see.. the bedroom?

[ she quickly turns around and heads for the door, but he jumps ahead of her in time to block the door ]

no, no, please. go, if you must go.. but allow me to send for a car.. to take you where you will, or.. to him. [ she lowers her head ] i see that you blush. we will talk of other things. i spoke before of my three great passions. one.. the fine champagna. another.. the art.. of massage. yes! i am a fully-trained and licensed masseur. you see my diploma.. from the university of beijing. i see you are skeptical.. but please.. let me demonstrate for you the powers that can be released by the human hand! trust me! you needn't remove your things. you need only lie on your stomach.. here.. on the couch. [ she looks over at it ] trust me! i am a professional!

[ she lies down on the couch, as he begins to massage her from off-camera ]

ohhhh.. your muscles are very tight! fear.. in your shoulders and neck zone. you are at war with yourself, my dear. you must learn to let go! [ he drops to the floor, looking up ather as she lies on the couch ] how's that! doesn't that feel good! [ he gets up and massages some more ] it extends from the base of the skull.. down the spine, all the way down.. here.. to the tip of the.. [ he reaches her private area, so she quickly rises and runs to open the door ] but.. i haven't called for your car yet! my little sparrow.. must you fly so soon? [ sighs ] very well. you have made oyur decision.. and you must go.. but please.. just stand here.. as you are for just a moment. your hair flowing.. your chest.. heaving. your eyes ablaze.. about to disappear.. like some..

[ too late, she's already out the door and down the hall ]

announcer: join us again next week, for another chapter in the life of.. the continental.

kaynak
    --- spoiler ---

snl, 18. sezon, 4. bölüm. yayın tarihi, 24 ekim 1992:

--- spoiler ---

announcer: the sun is set. the stars shine in the sky. the night air is tinged with anticipation. and it is time to meet the continental.

[ a glove breezes past the continental's door, before it opens and a woman runs out screaming ]

the continental: [ spotting his nighttime visitor ] don't mind her. that was merely my sister, running to meet her lover. every moment spent without him is an eternity for her. please. come in. [ kisses his visitor's hand and shows her into his apartment ] you know, when you called, my heart sang. allow me to take your wrap. no? i see. you've only come to reclaim your misplaced glove, then you must go. but don't you see, i will be devestated if you don't join me for at least one glass of fine champagna. please. your coat. [ camera shakes no ] i beg you. what kind of host would i be if i did not attend to your beautiful coat, my little wildflower. come on. [ seizes her coat and flings it upon the coat rack ] there, that wasn't so bad, now was it? now, please.. won't you make yourself comfortable on the settee, as i look for this glove.. [ walks across the room ] which you happen to forget when you fled from my apartment last week. sit. please.

[ he sits next to her ] you know.. i think it was no accident. in fact, i believe there are no accidents. [ smokes his cigarette ] this glove is an excuse. admit it. you find me as irresistable as i find.. [ camera spins around and quickly zooms towards the door, blocked suddenly by the continental's desperation to have her stay ] forgive me, my little frightened, wide-eyed doe. i see i've upset you. if i move away from the door, will you promise to sit and banter with me, if only for a brief few moments. [ camera shakes yes, so the continental walks away, but quickly jumps in again when the camera attempts to leave ] you broke your promise! so i broke mine. i do not like to play games. i wil find your glove, and you will go. but first, a glass of fine champagna.

[ he walks over to a table to pour the champagna into two glasses ] you know, champagna is not champagna unless it comes from the province of champagne. i learned that in bartending school. [ bring their champagne to the settee ] sit, please. [ hands his visitor her glass ] forgive me if my hungry eyes feast on the banquet of your sumptious decolletage. [ champagne is thrown in his face ] the champagna you have thrown stings my eyes. you are a fiery vixen. you have a spirit.. like a frolicksome colt. [ glass is held before him ] ah! i see you have changed your mind about the champagna. no one can long resist the lure of those delicate bubbles.. [ reaches for the bottle ] ..each whispering the same message of love. [ the champagne is again thrown in his face ] thrown champagne in my face once, shame on you. [ adjusts his soaked fake moustache ] throw champagna in my face twice, shame on me. very well. i will find the glove.

[ he puts his glass down and walks over to his bookcase ] if you will hold the steps for me, my darling.. i will fetch this object of your desire. [ he climbs the ladder, grabs a box, and looks down upon his visitor's cleavage ] oof! the view from here.. is intoxicating.. oh.. like fine champagna. very well, i will find this glove. [ pulls a white glove out of his box ] the glove of a woman. i must confess, i have quite a collection. [ pulls out a red glove ] this i found in a taxi cab. [ pulls out a beige glove ] this one belonged to the girlfriend of a roommate. [ pulls out a yellow glove ] this i purchased at a garage sale. [ pulls out another white glove ] ah, here we are. this, unless i'm dreadfully mistaken, we've found your glove? [ camera shakes no ] no? in that case.. [ pulls out another red glove ] ..this is the glove you seek. [ camera shakes no ] then, surely.. [ pulls out a third red glove ] ..this is your glove. [ hand reaches for the glove ] ah! eureka! our quest has ended. [ hands her the glove, then pulls it away before she can grab it ] ah.. dare i say it, this calls for a glass of champagna! [ puts his box away and climbs down the ladder ] that is, if you promise not to throw it in my face. no? very well. i appreciate your honesty, so i guess there is nothing left but to return your glove to you, and then you can go and return yourself.. to him. [ holds her hand ] you know, your hands say everything about you.. so fine and delicate. you know, i received a doctorate in the study of palmistry, from the university of budapest. allow me one brief glimpse.. [ examines her hand ] yes! see here, your lifeline is very long! so is your faith line.. but most intriguing of all.. your love line. [ he bends down and licks her hand, as she slaps him and heads for the door ] but! i haven't called for your car yet! must you fly so soon, my little songbird? must you fly so soon? please! very well, go.. but allow me one last moment to drink the intoxicating vision of you. eyes blazing, your hair flowing, chest heaving.. [ she runs into the hallway ] wait! you forgot your coat. [ hands it to her ] please, allow me to.. [ she slams the door behind her and runs ]

announcer: join us again next week, for another chapter in the life of.. the continental.

kaynak
    --- spoiler ---

snl, 25. sezon, 16. bölüm. yayın tarihi, 8 nisan 2000:

--- spoiler ---

[a glove reaches for the continental's doorbell, as he jerks the door open ]

the continental: ah! [ laughing ] my wonderful one. i see you received my message. you have come to retrieve your mail. huh? how it comes in my possession is mystery to me.. but this was yesterday. please.. come in. [ camera enters through door ] you look so lovely. it is as though michaelangelo sculpted you by hand.. then kept you for himself.. in a closet.. to visit on lonely nights. would you care for a glass of champagna? [ camera shakes no ] i knew you would. i knew you enjoy champagna. how do i know this? because i love women. i can read their mail.. i mean, mind! [ pours champagna and hands glass over ] may i read yours? i venture to say, please, you are the kind of woman who has a poster of puppies with humongous eyes hanging on your bathroom wall. yes? am i right? [ camera shakes no ] i have similar tattoo. let me show you. it is tattoo of two dogs doing it. [ camera shakes no furiously before he can peel off his smoking jacket ] okay. please. be seated. i continue to read your mind.

[ sits ]

i imagine a woman of such beauty as yours lives right here in this neighborhood. yes? in fact, i bet you could see your own apartment from this very window here. [ camera glances towards window, spotting an oversized telescope against the wall ] and, may i say, you have exquisite taste in underwear! [ camera turns for the door ] ah! wait! wait! oop! oop! [ blocks the door from his visitor ] you.. you are skittish.. like siberian palamino.. on the frozen steps. i love that! you have what it takes to be model. have you been on the television.. or some sort of moving picture? [ camera shakes no ] this i cannot believe. at least, tell me, you have graced the pages of some publication. [ camera shakes no ] no? inconceivable. i have a stack of magazines.. under my bed.. you would be perfect for. sit. please. [ stares at her as she sits ] wow! wowwie-wow-wow! boing! i never seen them from this angle. nice! may i take photograph? [ camera shakes no ] simple photograph? [ camera shakes no ] be so kind, please? huh? [ snaps picture ] wonderful! now.. take your top off. [ camera shakes no ] only kidding. [ laughs ] totally! that is.. unless you would like to? [ camera stands ] ah! okay. it's a joke! joke from old. [ puts down camera ]

let me freshen your champagna, huh? [takes glass ] caviar? [ shakes head no ] did you see my painting? [ camera looks at painting on wall ] i got it from target. [ camera turns back to see the continental slipping a mickey into her drink ] oh! wait! [ blocks her path to the door ] i never would slip you mickey! it is merely rhinoceros horn. this makes the champagna bubble. please.. taste this. [ holds up her glass, but she denies it ] no? very good. [ pours champagna onto her ] whoops! what happened? what have i done? i have spilled some wine. all over your boob. how wonderful! they look like two ripe melons.. drenched in morning dew. wait. let me gently wipe them.. [ takes out handkerchief, she fends him off ] you must get out of this clothing. you cannot leave like this.. you'll catch chest cold. what kind of a cold would that be? i joke! please.. you must dry up. i insist. let me show you powder room, please. this way. [ points her to the half-bath ] a creature wonderful as you should not be in wet garments that cling to you so wettly. [ kisses her glove ] wow! here we are. [ opens door ] i leave you in peace.

[ camera enters half-bath, glances at sink, then at obscene art hanging on the wall; back to mirror, where the continental suddenly appears on the other side as he lights a cigarette ]

the continental: wait! [ camera runs out of half-bath and to the door, but the continental quickly blocks her again ] wait! wait, wait, wait.. let me explain. i must vindicate myself somehow.. [ glove reaches out to choke him ] wow! wowee-wow-wow! [ camera mace him, he screams ] only kidding! i have been sprayed so many times, i have developed immunity to mace. such is life. champagna? caviar? [ glove punches him in nose, knocking him to ground, camera runs through door ] wait! [ camera glances at him sprawled on floor ] don't forget your mail. [ glove grabs bundle of mail from shelf ] out!

kaynak
    --- spoiler ---

snl, 28. sezon, 13. bölüm. yayın tarihi, 22 şubat 2003:

--- spoiler ---

[ a glove breezes past the continental's door, ringing the doorbell ]

the continental: [ opens the door ] ouch! you must be the fashion model.. who answered my ad in the penny saver. welcome to my abode.. come in.. please. [ the camera enters the apartment, as the continnetal stares ] wow! you would.. you would make a beautiful spokesperson.. for my new line.. of cosmetic. please, sit.. sit, please. please.. sit. [ sits next to the continental, looking at him cautiously ] normally, i would offer you.. vintage champagna.. and cavier. but.. i have grown impatient with the french. ever since the froggy stabbed colin powell in the back.. i eschew all things french.. no more! camembert.. fois gras.. eau de cologne.. frenchie, from "american idol".. and, big surprise to me.. champagna! who knew! that's the only place champagna come from! but.. my word is my bond.. it is done. instead.. i offer you. effervescent.. andre's cold duck. [ camera shakes head no ] no? ah. then.. let me offer you.. a nosh. i must confess.. without the frogs, my cuisine - excuse me, "food" - has suffered.. but.. what have we here? [ holds out tray of vending machine snacks ] bugles.. with cream cheese. we got.. ants-on-a-log - hello! combos.. they cheese your hunger away! enjoy! while i freshen up..

[ the continental exits the front room, as the camera looks about the room. camera focuses on a row of books on a shelf, pulls one out and opens it, as if to read, discovering instead a copy of snoop dogg's "doggy-style" edition of "girls gone wild". camera pans right to find the contnental has returned, pleased with the video discovery ]

i cannot help but notice.. you admire my video collection! snoop! you gotta love the guy.. he knows how to spend his money, huh! do you enjoy some spice.. in your video life? what you see here.. is the tip.. of the iceberg. the rest is concealed away. would you like to take a peek? maybe.. we could make a movie together. [ camera shakes head no ] i toy with you. hey! i got toys, too! i gotta camera.. i got the whole schmear! no? [ camera flees for the door, intercepted as usual by the overzealous continental ] wow! wowee-wow-wow! you.. are fast! sit, please. you are too.. [ kisses woman's outstretched hand ] ..exquisite.. to leave so soon, you.. wof.. my arctic hush puppy! let me show you my line.. of homemade products.. you will model. no animals used.. lip gloss.. hmm? try some. [ dips finger in gooey lip gloss, holds it in front of camera's "mouth", then quickly retrieves it after being "bitten" ] owww!!! if that was love bite.. then, you must love me a lot! look at this.. you broke the skin! bad vixen! you naughty cougar! i forgive you.. but.. you must kiss it! come on, tiger! kiss it! you must kiss it.. [ holds his hurt finger in front of camera ] come on, come on, come on.. make it better! [ points his finger seductively down to his crotch; the camera agains flees for the door, but the continental once again blocks the path ]

forgive me, please.. my passions overtook me. i forgot myself, and let the little head think for the big one. what can i say? i'm a guy! [ laughs ] okay! forget lip gloss.. it stinks.. it's junk.. ptooie! [ spits ] focus on hand cream.. it’s the shiznit. [ kisses woman's hand, then leads the way to his wondrous hand cream ] come! let me show you the engine that powers my light. come! i beseech you! behold! [ holds up what looks to have been a food jar of some kind ] behold.. continental hand cream. good.. huh? i package it myself.. also, guess what? once upon a time, this was vlasic pickle jar.. the lable comes off.. in the dishwasher. wowee! [ laughs ] you know.. beauty.. it's so important.. especially in these dark times.. because.. without beauty, the terrorists.. will have truly won. can.. can you step closer, please? little closer. [ camera moves closer, as the continental looks down at the floor; camera looks down as well, only to discover a her reflection on a floor mirror ] wow! wowee-wow-wow-wow! "i see london.. i see france.. i see something.." no, wait! wait, no! no, don't leave! please! my intention.. my intention, you misunderstood! please, forgive me! wait! if you change your mind, you can call me!

[ camera flees for the door, makes her exit, then slams the door behind her and runs ]

--- spoiler ---

not: 19 mayıs 2001 tarihinde yayınlanan 26. sezon 21. bölümdeki the continental'in transkriptini henüz bulamadım.
  • con conrad tarafından bestelenen ve sözleri herb magidson'a ait olan caz standardı. şarkı, ilk kez ginger rogers tarafından 1934 tarihli ve fred astaire'in başrolde olduğu the gay divorcee filminde seslendirilmiş ve o yıl verilmeye başlanan en iyi film müziği oscar'ını kazanmayı başarmıştır. ilerleyen yıllarda defalarca coverlanmış çok önemli bir klasiktir. sözleri şöyledir;

beautiful music
    dangerous rhythm
    it's something daring, the continental
    a way of dancing that's really ultra-new
    it's very subtle, the continental
    because it does what you want it to do
    it has a passion, the continental
    an invitation to moonlight and romance
    it's quite the fashion, the continental
    because you tell of your love while you dance
    you kiss while you're dancing
    it's continental, ooh, it's continental
    you sing while you're dancing
    your voice is gentle and so sentimental
    you'll know before the dance is through
    that you're in love with her and she's in love with you
    you'll find while you're dancin'
    that there's a rhythm in your heart and soul
    a certain rhythm that you can't control
    and you will do the continental all the time
    you'll find while you're dancin'
    that there's a rhythm in your heart and soul
    a certain rhythm that you can't control
    and you will do the continental all the time
    beautiful music
    dangerous rhythm
    the continental!

ginger rogers (the gay divorcee) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh5u5dmeabi

leo reisman orchestra - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnwbglamjaa

jolly coburn's orchestra - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cic2zl0q7tu

harry roy orchestra - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxs2qzlmksy

rené thomas - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daux7tl885u

harry james & rosemary clooney - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wizr50wicfg

george shearing original quintet - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhkokrsy3c4

conrad salinger orchestra - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nqbafctyl0

frank sinatra - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6i7cq9k1ko

maureen mcgovern - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hako-0qidsw

steve howe - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk-0qxoukh0
  • adı the continental ya da continental değil, the continental from the world of john wick'dir.
  • sizin için prime video'da yayınlanan ve john wick evreninde geçen the continental hakkında yazdık: senin paran burada geçmez!

biraz olsun başarı yakalamış her eserin serileştirildiği, farklı medyumlara yayıldığı ve dolayısıyla devridaim bir para makinesine dönüştürüldüğü bu günlerde prequellerin popülerliği de arttı. özellikle çeşitli nedenlerden ileri gidemeyecek serilere alternatif bir yön sunan prequeller, hakkını vererek yapıldıklarında orijinal eserlerin değerini bile arttırabilecek anlatı araçları. andor ya da house of the dragon gibi başarılı örnekler, kaynak materyali affettirirken the rings of power ve lightyear gibi iyi bilinen serilerin adını lekeleyecek işler de var. peacock’ın yapımcılığını üstlendiği the continental ise, john wick serisi için bu iki gruptan farklı bir etki yaratıyor.

keanu reeves’in karizmatik tetikçisinin, içinden binbir çileyle çıktığı yeraltı dünyasına geri çekilmesini işleyen 4 filmlik john wick serisi alabildiğine zengin bir dünyayı beyaz perdede izleyiciyle buluşturmuştu. odağını yüksek tempolu aksiyonu ve amansız ana karakterinden saptırmayan seri yine de her fırsatta dünyasını ilmek ilmek işleyerek izleyicileri daha fazlasını öğrenmeye davet ediyordu. filmlerin ticari başarıları da katlanarak artınca, yapımcıların bu suikastçiler evrenini keanu reeves’in ötesine taşımak istemeleri kaçınılmazdı. ana de armas’ın başrolünde oynayacağı ballerina 2024 vizyon tarihinde ısrar ededursun, üç film uzunluğundaki the continental sessiz sedasız yayın platformlarındaki yerini aldı.

--- spoiler ---

limitlerinin farkında

john wick filmlerinin geçmişinde geçen bir hikaye düşündüğünüzde, aklınıza gelen fikirlerin çoğu genç bir john wick etrafında şekillenecektir. fakat the continental, hikayesini diziye adını veren suikastçilerin güvenli limanı otel ve işletmecileri üzerine kuruyor. dizinin merkezine john wick dışında karakterler yerleştirmesi, 4. filmin sonunu da düşündüğümüzde suikastçiler evreninin geleceğiyle ilgili şüphelerimizi kuvvetlendiriyor. dizinin tam adında yer alan “john wick dünyasından” ibaresi, yan karakterlerin evreni tanıtmaya yetecek popülerliğe henüz erişemediğinin de göstergesi aynı zamanda. dört buçuk saatlik süresinin sonunda the continental, bu suikastçiler evreninin john wick olmadan devam edip edemeyeceğine dair net bir cevap veremiyor.

the continental, hiçbir şey değilse de ölçeğinin farkında olan bir iş. hem bütçesini hem de süresini olabildiğince verimli kullanarak, basit bir hikayeyi aralara serpiştirdiği tatmin edici aksiyon sekanslarıyla anlatmayı deniyor. bir macguffin avıyla başlayan olay örgüsü, klasik bir intikam hikayesine dönüşüyor ve yan hikayelerle desteklenerek kısa sürede sonlanıyor. olay örgüsünü basit tutma tercihleri, bu suikastçiler evrenine dair sevdiğimiz pek çok ögeyi gösterebilecek zamanı sağlıyorsa da yaşananların etkisini azaltıyor. diziye de ismini veren continental’in el değiştirmesi ve bu işletmeci değişikliğinin evrene olan etkisi, biraz aceleye getirilmiş hissettiriyor.

gelecek projeler için açık kapı bırakıyor

ilk bölümünü, dizinin odağındaki ikili arasındaki ilişkiyi tanımlayacak bir flashback sahnesiyle açıyor dizi. film serisinde ıan mcshane’in hayat verdiği winston scott, tanıdığımız bir karakter fakat abisi frankie’yle ilk kez burada karşılaşıyoruz. klasik bir abi küçük kardeş hikayesinden fazlasını vadetmeyen bu ilişki, winston’ı continental’in o dönemki işletmecisi cormac’e karşı doldurma görevini üstleniyor. winston’ın dizi boyunca hedef odaklı, görece soğuk bir karakter olarak yansıtıldığını söylemek mümkün. abisine olan sevgisi ve cormac’e olan nefreti karaktere ufak bir duygusal derinlik veriyorsa da genellikle kıvrak zekası ve sivri diliyle ön plana çıkıyor.

öte yandan ben robson’ın canlandırdığı frankie karakteri, dizinin john wick benzeri karizmatik aksiyon adamı boşluğunu dolduruyor. robson, kısıtlı ekran süresine rağmen karakterin farklı ruh hallerini başarıyla yansıtıyor ve ilerleyen bölümlerde diğer karakterlerin motivasyonlarına temel oluşturacak duygusal yatırımı yapmamızı sağlıyor.

üç bölümlük sezonunu giriş, gelişme, sonuç yapısına göre kuruyor the continental. aksiyon dolu ilk bölümü, olay örgüsünü şekillendirecek çatışmayı tanıtıyor. filmlerdeki aksiyona yakın bir açılışı, seyir zevki yüksek bir araba takibi sekansıyla taçlandıran bölüm yan karakterleri de hikayeye dahil etmekten geri kalmıyor. çarpıcı bir finalle sonlanan ilk bölüm, izleyicinin ilgisini yakalama konusunda üstüne düşeni yapıyor.

görece daha olaysız geçen ikinci bölüm, ağırlıklı olarak dünya yaratımına odaklanıyor. finalde gerçekleşecek olaylara hazırlıkların yapıldığı ve karakterler arası ilişkilerin daha derinlemesine incelendiği bölüm, fırtına öncesi sessizliğe işaret ediyor. bu bölümün sezonun en sakin bölümü olduğunu söylemek mümkün. yine de ana filmlerde gördüğümüz karakterler ve organizasyonlara dair gösterdikleri, dizinin john wick evreninde geçtiğini bir kez daha izleyiciye hatırlatıyor.

bol aksiyonlu sezon finali de bu klasik hikayeye tahmin edilebilir bir son veriyor. bölümün en başından her karakterin gerçekleşecek olaylardaki rolünü tahmin etmek mümkün, dizi de sizi şaşırtmaya çalışmıyor zaten. arkanıza yaslanıp kendinizi aksiyonun akışına bırakacağınız, pek de düşünmenizi gerektirmeyen final bölümü olay örgüsünü sonlandırsa da olası devam sezonları için ufak bir açık kapı da bırakıyor.

anlatabileceğinden fazlasının peşinde

hikayesinin basitliğini, yarattığı 70’ler atmosferiyle gizlemeye çalışıyor the continental. filmlerden alışık olduğumuz gösterişli, her daim etkileyici görünen mekanlar, burada kendini çöplerle dolup taşan sokaklara ve biçimsiz gettolara bırakıyor. bu kez daha fazlasını görmek için can attığımız değil, gözümüzü çevirmek istediğimiz manzaralar var karşımızda. tabii dizinin bu mekansal bağlamı kurmaya çalışırken kendini fazla zorladığı anlar da oluyor. gösterilecek mahalleler listesindeki maddeleri, çalınacak şarkılar listesindekilerle eş zamanlı olarak işaretlemeye çalıştıklarında izleyici olarak biraz bunalmış hissetmeniz olası.

performanslar, dudak uçuklatacak seviyede değilse de gayet yeterli. ıan mcshane ve lance reddick gibi şahsına münhasır aktörlerin hayat verdiği karakterlerde aynı kaliteyi yakalamak bir hayli güç. yine de colin woodell ve ayomide adegun ikilisi, karakterlere dair nüansları yakalayarak izleyiciye o aynılık hissini geçirmeyi başarıyor. hem winston’da hem de charon’da, yıllar sonra john wick’in karşısında göreceğimiz hallerinin izlerine rastlamak mümkün.

yan rollerdeki diğer isimler de üstlerine düşeni yapıyor fakat karakterleri hikayeye hizmet etmekten çok belli temalara selam çakmaya yönelik yazıldıklarından parlama şansını elde edemiyorlar. özellikle blaxploitation ve dönemin anti ırkçılık hareketlerine dikkat çekmek için hikayeye eklenmiş gibi hissettiren kardeşlerin sahneleri, uzun ekran sürelerine rağmen pek az şey anlatıyor.

belki de tek anlamlı karakter örgüsüne sahip karakter olan yen, dizinin seyir zevkini en çok yükselten etmenlerden. nhung kate’in yoğun oyunculuğu, karakterin içinden geçtiği duygusal değişimleri izleyiciye tüm çarpıcılığıyla aktarıyor. karakterin geçmişine dair öğrendiklerimiz ve diğerleriyle olan ilişkisi, kolaylıkla sterotipik kalabilecek varlığına derinlik katıyor. dövüş koreografisi olarak da keyifli sahneleri olan yen’in, evrende geçecek farklı projelerde yeniden karşımıza çıkması pek de sürpriz olmayacaktır.

özenle yaratılmış bir eser

dizi, john wick filmlerinden alışık olduğumuz büyüleyici görselliği acımasız bir gerçekçilikle değiştiriyor. tabii bu size aynı özenin gösterilmediğini düşündürmesin. the continental’in görsel dili alıştığımız john wick estetiğinden farklı olsa da, günümüz dizileriyle kıyaslandığında hala fazlasıyla etkileyici. diziye harcanan her kuruşun ekrandaki karşılığını görmek, set tasarımından ışıklandırmasına gösterilen özeni hissetmek, ortaya çıkan işi daha da takdir etmenize neden oluyor.

the continental, temiz bir iş. mucizeler yaratmıyor belki ama hayal kırıklığına da uğratmıyor. basit bir hikayeyi, etkileyici bir atmosfer eşliğinde, bildiğimiz ve sevdiğimiz john wick aksiyonu sosuna bulayarak anlatıyor. kimsenin pek de merak etmediği bir hikayeyi, evrene de pek de bir şey katmayarak aktarışı size gerekliliğini sorgulatabilir. evet, the continental, john wick evreninin hayranların gözündeki yerini değiştirmede pek de bir rol oynamıyor. fakat ortalama üstü yazımı, etkileyici dövüş sahneleri ve sinema kalitesindeki görselliğiyle piyasadaki pek çok dizide göremediğimiz bir özeni vadediyor sizlere. uzaktan bakıldığında iştahınızı kabartmıyorsa da, sonrasında ağzınızda kalan tat pişmanlıktan çok hoşnutluk içeriyor.
    --- spoiler ---
hesabın var mı? giriş yap