beyin sarsıntısı geçirmenin nasıl birşey olduğunu deneyimlemenin en çabuk ve fiziksel zarar içermeyen yolu bu belgeseli izlemekten geçiyor.
üzerine düşünmek için pek çok kitabı okurken bıraktığım olmuştu ama ilk defa bir belgesele bu muameleyi yapma ihtiyacı hissediyorum. alttan word açıp alan moore'un söylediği her kelimeyi yazmamak için kendimi dizginleyerek tuttuğum notlar aşağıda. belgeselde çok daha fazlası mevcut..
(kendime not: daha da fazlası için alan baba'ya refik'te rakı masası donatılacak, lakerda ısmarlanacak.. konuşma tıkanırsa "haydari'nin tadına bakmadın babacım. götür götür.." denecek)
• quitting my day job and starting my life as a writer was a tremendous risk, it was a fool’s leap, a shot in the dark. but anything of any value in our lives whether that be a career, a work of art, a relationship, will always start with such a leap. and in order to be able to make it, you have to put aside the fear of failing and the desire of succeeding. you have to do these things completely without fear, without desire. because things that we do without lust or result, are the purest actions that we shall ever take.
• there is some confusion as to what magic actually is. i think this can be cleared up if you just look at the very earliest descriptions of magic. magic in its earliest form is often referred as “the art”. i believe that this is completely literal. i believe that magic is art and that art, whether that’d be writing, music, sculpture or any other form is literally magic. art is like magic, the science of manipulating symbols, words or images to achieve changes in conciousness. the very language of magic seems to be talking as much about writing or art as it is about supernatural events. a grimmoir for example, the book of spells is simply a fancy vay of saying grammar. indeed to cast a spell, is simply to spell, to manipulate words, to change people’s conciousness. and i believe this is why an artist or writer is the closest thing in the contemporary word that you are likey to see to a shaman.
• i think that the way that people immerse themselves in alcohol, in drugs, in television, in any of the addictions that our culture throws up can be seen as a deliberate attempt to destroy any connection between themselves and resposibilty of accepting and owning a higher self and then having to maintain it.
• (lost girls, austria 1913) the healty sexual drive that is seizing most young men when they are in their teens is perverted by older men, who perhaps lost some of their sexual drive and all of that sexual energy gets shipped over to somewhere like flanders and is perverted into killing other young men. energy that should be going into something honest like fucking is instead diverted into something appaling like killing.
• the main thing that i learned about conspiracy theory is that conspiracy theorists actually believe in a conspiracy because that is comforting. the truth of the world is that it is chaotic. the truth is, that it is not the jewish banking conspiracy or the grey aliens or the 12 foot reptiloids from another dimension that is in control. the truth is far more frightening, nobody is in control. the world is rudderless..
• as i understand the theory of period information doubling, this states that if we take one period of human information as being the time between the invention of the first hand axe, say around 50.000 bc and 1 ad. then this is one period of human information and we can measure it by how many human inventions we came up during that time. then we see how long it takes for us to have twice as many inventions. this means that human infrmation has doubled. as it turns out, after the first 50.000 year period, the second period is about 1500 years, say about the time of renaissance. by then we have twice as much information. to double again, human information took a couple of hundred years. the period speeds up, between 1960 and 1970 human information doubled. as i understand it, at the last count human information was doubling around every 18 months. further to this, there is a point somewhere around 2015 when human information is doubling every thousandth o f a second. this means that each thousandth of a second we will have accumulated more information than we have in entire previous history of the world. at this pont i believe that all bets are off. i cannot imagine the kind of culture that might exist after such a flashpoint of knowledge. i believe that our culture would probably move into a completely different state. would move past the boiling point, from a fluid culture to a culture of steam.
• if you look at the very earliest cultures, some of them still extent upon the planet, the aboriginal cultures, most of their languages only have one tense. everything is subsumed within the present. they can talk about things that happened and things that haven’t happened yet, but will happen in the future, but they talk about them in the present tense. now it seems that not only have we split up our study of existence, into all these different areas, but we’ve also subdivided our notion of time into different zones. whereas once, there was this great eternal present, which i assume to be the kind of constant now that animals exist in for example. but we as concious individuals have as a species adapted this different noton of time, where we almost see time as a bead on a wire. that the now is this constantly moving, tiny little moment that we’re all in that is sliding inexorably along a wire from past to future. if you look at some of the models that people like stephen hawking have suggested for time then you find something which is actually much closer to that primitive apprehension of how time is structured, than our rather simplistic and ftalistic idea of past, present and future.