• pulp'ın we love life adlı son albümünün ilk iki single'ından biri. sözler: "the trees, those useless trees produce the air that i am breathing, the trees those useless trees, they never said that you were leaving". nasıl ama, damar di mi?
  • iç rahatlatıcı,özellikle ağaçlar ve gölgelerin olduğu bölümleri leziz olan pulp klibi.
    (bkz: mtv de pulp görmek)
  • osman kaytazoğlu'nun we love life daki favori parçası.
  • sözleri de şöyle:

i took an air-rifle, shot a magpie to the ground & it died without a sound. your skin so pale against the fallen autumn leaves & no-one saw us but the trees. yeah, the trees, those useless trees produce the air that i am breathing. yeah, the trees, those useless trees; they never said that you were leaving. i carved your name with a heart just up above - now swollen, distorted, unrecognisable; like our love. the smell of leaf mould & the sweetness of decay are the incense at the funeral procession here, today. in the trees, those useless trees, etc. you try to shape the world to what you want the world to be. carving your name a thousand times won't bring you back to me. oh no, no i might as well go & tell it to the trees. go & tell it to the trees, yeah.

(bkz: pulp)
  • rush'ın 1978 yılında yaptığı hemispheres albümünde bulunan şarkı. neil peart'in yazdığı, sanki bir şeyler anlatmaya çalışan sözleri şu şekildedir:

there is unrest in the forest
    there is trouble with the trees
    for the maples want more sunlight
    and the oaks ignore their pleas

the trouble with the maples
    (and they’re quite convinced they’re right)
    they say the oaks are just too lofty
    and they grab up all the light
    but the oaks can’t help their feelings
    if they like the way they’re made
    and they wonder why the maples
    can’t be happy in their shade?

there is trouble in the forest
    and the creatures all have fled
    as the maples scream "oppression!"
    and the oaks, just shake their heads

so the maples formed a union
    and demanded equal rights
    the oaks are just too greedy
    we will make them give us light’
    now there’s no more oak oppression
    for they passed a noble law
    and the trees are all kept equal
    by hatchet,
    axe,
    and saw ...

ne derecede eli öpülesi adamlar olduklarını görmek için
    (aynı albümde bakınız: cygnus x)
    (ve dahi bakınız: la villa strangiato)
  • max richter şarkısıdır; the blue notebooks mucizesidir. sözleri şöyle:

"when thomas brought the news that the house i was born in no longer exists - neither the name, nor the park sloping to the river, nothing - i had a dream of return. multicoloured. joyous. i was able to fly. and the trees were even higher than in childhood, because they had been growing during all the years since they had been cut down."
  • pulp adlı güzide grubumuzun suçlayacak kimse kalmadığı zamanki çaresizlik üzerine düzdüğü bir methiyedir. inanmayanlar için;

i took an air-rifle, shot a magpie to the ground & it died without a sound.
    your skin so pale against the fallen autumn leaves &
    no-one saw us but the trees.

yeah, the trees, those useless trees produce the air that i am breathing.
    yeah, the trees, those useless trees; they never said that you were leaving.

i carved your name with a heart just up above - now swollen,
    distorted, unrecognisable; like our love.
    the smell of leaf mould & the sweetness of decay
    are the incense at the funeral procession here, today.
    in the trees, those useless trees, etc.

you try to shape the world to what you want the world to be.
    carving your name a thousand times won't bring you back to me.
    oh no, no i might as well go & tell it to the trees.
    go & tell it to the trees, yeah.
  • şarkının bir şeyler anlatmaya çalışan sözleri hakkında yazarı neil peart şöyle buyurmuş:

"'the trees'...that song was a parable about collectivism."
  • working man versiyonunda mike portnoy'un 2:37'den itibaren yyz'nin introsunu çaldığını duyabilirsiniz. ayrıca ne de güzel olmuş bu, basta billy sheehan, gitarda brendt allman. tadından yenmiyor allahıma.
hesabın var mı? giriş yap